[horde] Asterisk dialler

Chris Hastie lists at oak-wood.co.uk
Thu Feb 12 09:13:47 UTC 2009

On 12/02/09 04:37, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> Quoting Chris Hastie <lists at oak-wood.co.uk>:
>
>> Obviously everyone's telephony set up tends to be a little different so I'm
>> curious if there is enough interest in this to make it worthwhile me
>> spending a bit of time tidying it up and contributing it.
>
> Certainly sounds like it. :)

OK, here's a first stab at tidying. I've been using the unimaginative
working title 'astdial', but I guess it ought to have a snappier more
Ikea-like name. Ringo? Astral?

The roots of the AstMan class lie in an example script at
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+manager+Example%3A+PHP

I've contacted the author about copyright/licencing and received this:

"Yeah, i wrote it some time ago, and you can use it anyway you want.
Licensed as Public Domain"

I've no idea what implications this has - I'll leave that to others to
ponder.

One gotcha I've just realised is that I wrote this against the version
of Horde bundled with a recent Kolab install; apparently 3.2-RC2. I've
made a change to the horde ldap schema to store the module's preferences
(included as a patch in this package), but that change appears to clash
with the attribute definitions for DIMP currently in HEAD.

The module will require a version of Horde sufficiently recent to know
what to do if the 'telephony/dial' service is available. As it stands,
it also makes use of the config/registry.d directory rather than
changing config/registry.php.

Hope it's of use to someone.

--
Chris