[horde] Hermes and Nag

Adam Vande More adam at imedmobility.com
Tue Feb 17 18:00:15 UTC 2009

Adam Vande More wrote:
> Jan Schneider wrote:
>> Zitat von Adam Vande More <adam at imedmobility.com>:
>>
>>> I notice that tasks still appear as Hermes cost objects even after
>>> they have been marked completed.  Is that the way it's supposed to
>>> be or am I missing something?  Is the only recourse to delete a task
>>> then?
>>
>> Yes, this is the expected behavior, so that you can bill hours for a
>> task that you just have finished. Or that you thought you had
>> finished. ;)
>>
>> Jan.

The more I think about this, the more disagree with this behavior.  My
reasoning is as follows:

   1. The method of using tasklists is to mark off project when they are
      done.
   2. There is a large volume of tasks over time(In a few weeks of
      accumulated data I have nearly 30, by end of year will be in
      hundreds).
   3. Populating the Cost Objects with completed task will make pulldown
      too messy after enough tasks have been created.
   4. Deleting tasks is not a good solution either because then hermes
      doesn't have it to relate timecard against.
   5. Deleting tasks is also not a good solution because you destroy
      your history of accomplishments(what if you need documentation?)

IMO, it's relatively trivial to un-mark a completed task if you need to
add in more time later rather than dealing with the huge Cost Object list.

I didn't really see anyone else with these views which makes me think
one of the following:

    * I'm doing it wrong^TM
    * There is not much usage of these features(maybe due to behavior?)
    * Issue is resolved by other means

Would there be a problem if an adjustment was made to the Cost Object
task to put in a clause like:  WHERE completed != '1'.  If that's not an
issue could I get a pointer on where that code lives?  Or tell me what
I'm doing wrong ;)

Thanks,

--
Adam Vandemore