[horde] Problem installing HEAD (CVS)

Charles D'Aoust charles.daoust at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 19:38:46 UTC 2009

Hi,

I've been trying to install Horde (HEAD) for a couple of days now and
it seems that I've hit a brick wall.

I have clean-installed Horde (from CVS, -r HEAD) and every time I
trying to access it, I get this:
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class Browser in
/usr/share/pear/Horde/Browser.php on line 25

Considering how many times I've installed Horde in the past, I'd get a
quirk but I could always figure it out. This time, however, I just
can't figure it out. I had HEAD just before, and figured it was time
for me to get the latest. Of course, that didn't work as planned, so I
cleaned everything and installed from 0. (clearing pear,
/usr/share/php/ in the process). After redownloading horde and the
framework module and after copying the config files, this error
message is all I get.

I googled pretty much everything I could think of, but I seem to be
the only person on the planet with this problem (except for an old
post from 2004).

Running Debian, Lenny with the latest packages:

Apache2 (Apache/2.2.9)
pear (v1.7.1)
php5 (PHP 5.2.6)

If anyone has a pointer, that'd be amazing. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks!
---
Charles D'Aoust