[horde] Horde $_prefs['from_addr'] and subsequent hook format

Decombobulator jonas at ausnetworking.com.au
Thu Feb 19 22:36:08 UTC 2009

We have recently deployed Horde 3.1.7 on what is going to be a multi-user
multiple domain environment.

Everything seems to be in fine working order (touch wood).

The problem I have is that I would like to stop users from changing their
from_addr in the general prefs field. I understand the changes required in
the prefs.php file, however I do not know how to "make" a hook for the hooks
file. There are plenty of examples of hooks of all types. I just can't find
anything that resembles a hook for grabbing the from_addr from the horde
database in MySQL.

If anyone has got this - and I'm sure many of you do...Would you be so kind
as to give me an example?