[horde] Permission Denied when accepting event invitations...

Frederic SOULIER frederic.soulier at univ-tlse1.fr
Thu Mar 12 10:44:42 UTC 2009

Hi all,
I used horde-webmail-edition (last release).
I'm encoutering problems accepting invitations in horde.
I' have a permission denied when i want to update my calendar with an
event sent by another horde user.
The problem is that user share his calendar with me (we are in the same
horde group).
Reading the archives, i can see another user encountering the same
problem, the explanation provided was :

Posted by Jan Schneider (11/2008):
You probably have read access to the calendar of the sender where this
event is stored. Don't mix shared calendars and invitations. Use
either of those.

Indeed in my case i have only read access to the other user calendar.
I want to understand what is the process executed when i accept en event
and why i must have write access on the other user calendar to add this
event on my calendar ?
Why we can't use both shared calendar and invitation ?

Any help or links to documentation would be greatly apprecated.
I attempted to follow source code (attendees.php) in order to understand
the process but i'm lost in the global horde code :-)

Regards

--
Frederic Soulier

Administrateur Reseau
Centre de Ressources Informatiques
Université Toulouse 1 Sciences Sociales
2 RUE DU DOYEN GABRIEL MARTY
31042 TOULOUSE CEDEX 9
Tel : +33 5 61 63 39 98 / +33 5 61 63 39 98
Fax : +33 5 61 63 37 98   Bureau : AR38 bis
http://cri.univ-tlse1.fr/