[horde] alarms and sender email

LALOT Dominique dom.lalot at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 16:36:49 UTC 2009

2009/3/13 LALOT Dominique <dom.lalot at gmail.com>

> 2009/3/12 Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>
>
>> Zitat von LALOT Dominique <dom.lalot at gmail.com>:
>>
>>  Hello,
>>>
>>> I'm trying to find the way to avoid a problem. People are getting email
>>> notifies. The sender is: Dominique LALOT <The address of the client>
>>> I presume that alarms is using the first admin in my horde conf.php.
>>>
>>> I tried this in kronolith/config/conf.php
>>> $conf['reminder']['server_name'] = 'univ.fr';
>>> $conf['reminder']['from_addr'] = 'AlerteAgenda at univ.fr';
>>>

>> Are you saying that the alarm emails have the users' email address, but
>> your name in the From: header? Sounds like you have a broken fullname hook
>> then.
>>
>> Jan.
>

> Yes, we still are in testing phase (hopefully). I'll have a look at the
> hook, but I didn't notice some problem elsewhere.
>
> Thanks
>
> Dom

You were not far from the  truth.

In fact, I was obliged to add a hook for that:

$_prefs['id'] = array(
    'value' => '',
    'hook' => true,
    'locked' => true,
    'shared' => true,
    'type' => 'text',
    'desc' => _("Identity's name:")
);

identities was locked, but without name value, so I duplicate the code from
fullname hook. I tested and the alarm went ok.

>From my point of view, that should be better:
If identities is locked (so only one solution..) and no identity, use the
fullname value. Imagine people receiving alerts from admins: they believe
that I can see their calendar..

Thanks for your help

Dom