[horde] IE not offering to remember login/password in Horde 3.1.3

gimili gimili17 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 11:20:27 UTC 2009

Ray Jackson wrote:

> All,
>
> I am running Debian Etch Horde/IMP (v3.1.3) and have come up against a
> problem where Internet Explorer no longer offers to remember your
> login/password when you login, meaning you have to re-enter it every
> time.  This doesn't happen with Mozilla/Firefox which happily offers to
> remember your credentials.  Also, previous versions of Horde/IMP would
> work with IE in this regard.  Is anybody aware of this problem and have
> some quick fix solution?
>
> Ideally, we'd like Cookie based authentication through a 'remember me'
> type option at login, so users can choose to store a cookie to
> pre-authenticate them.

> Cheers,
> Ray

This was a pain for me also.  *** The following possibly screws up a million
things so use at your own risk **  I don't know why it works or if it is
safe.  Perhaps someone else can comment.  Now I can be a little more lazy
and not type my password in ie.  It may not work depending on your setup.

I changed horde3/templates/login

# diff login.inc login.inc.dist
lines 75, to 76c75,78

EXISTING:
< <td class="form_submit leftAlign"><input type="submit" name="submitlogin"
value="Log in" onclick="return submit_login();"></td>
<

NEW:
---

http://www.nabble.com/file/p22658744/login.inc login.inc