[horde] Horde 4.0

Elliot Anders elliot at marlboro.edu
Sat Mar 28 21:37:11 UTC 2009

I just spent an hour or so trying to get Horde 4.0 installed and
running, and I'm not even sure I have all the pieces.

Is there any functional documentation for how to install the most
bleeding edge version of horde?

So far I've found:

http://www.horde.org/source/git.php (which gets me some files, but not
enough to actually see a login page)

and

http://www.horde.org/source/using.php (which also doesn't seem to be
self-contained enough for me to actually get up and running.)

and

http://wiki.horde.org/ReleaseManagement (which suggests I need to run
some scripts to create symlinks but doesn't tell me how best to
structure my file system, and has a note about two possible ways of
joining things together to make it work, but neither are accompanied
by examples or enough information for me to actually get things
running.)

If there isn't a step-by-step page outlining how to get up and running
with the new Git setup, is there someone on this list who might be
able to put something together?  I'd be happy to clean it up, verify
the process, and generally make it user-friendly on the wiki if
someone can give me a detailed overview of what needs to happen.
Seems to me that having more people testing the next version might
help with development.

-Elliot