[horde] Ingo fileinto not working

Simon Wilson simon at simonandkate.net
Sun Apr 5 12:26:59 UTC 2009

OK, I was wrong, the flagging isn't working either, so none of the
script appears to be actually doing anything.

Troubleshooting:

* Ingo is writing scripts in the /var/lib/imap/sieve/s/simon directory.

* I can connect via sieveshell with no problems (su simon, 'sieveshell
localhost', supply password, and I'm in, mail.log shows

"login: localhost.localdomain[127.0.0.1] simon PLAIN User logged in"

and while I am in Sieveshell it shows "Ingo" as the currently active script.

* A mail that SHOULD have matched a rule shows a header of

It would appear that Whilst Ingo is writing the Sieve scripts, they
are not getting matched.

The rule reads:

  12: # Work Emails
  13: if address :all :comparator "i;ascii-casemap" :contains "From"
"simon.wilson at cyb.com.au"  {
  14:     addflag "\\Flagged";
  15:     fileinto "INBOX.Saved Emails";
  16:     removeflag "\\Flagged";
  17:     stop;

****The headers of an email that should have triggered it include:****

From: "Simon Wilson" <simon.wilson at cyb.com.au>

Any ideas?

Simon.

Quoting "Simon Wilson" <simon at simonandkate.net>:

> I am having a problem with Ingo.
>
> It is backing onto Cyrus / Sieve. If I set rules to flag for
> followup, it works fine, so Sieve is working.
>
> But if I tell it to move them to a different folder, it doesn't
work.

> My Email structure in cyrus is as follows:
>
> user.simon (\HasChildren)
> user.simon.Deleted Items (\HasNoChildren)
> user.simon.Drafts (\HasNoChildren)
> user.simon.Saved Emails (\HasNoChildren)
> user.simon.Sent Items (\HasNoChildren)
> user.simon.Spam (\HasNoChildren)
>
> An example of a rule that doesn't work (from the script) is:
>
> 12: # Emails from work
> 13: if address :all :comparator "i;ascii-casemap" :contains "From"
> "me at work"  {
> 14:     addflag "\\Flagged";
> 15:     fileinto "INBOX.Saved Emails";
> 16:     removeflag "\\Flagged";
> 17:     stop;
> 18: }
>
> It flags it, but leaves it in Inbox. Also emails that meet the Spam

> threshold of 5 are left in Inbox, not moved to Spam, despite the
> script reading:
>
> 12: # Spam Filter
> 13: if header :comparator "i;ascii-casemap" :contains
"X-Spam-Level"