[horde] access error with shared events

Danny Herrlitz d.herrlitz at klemm-hensen.de
Tue Apr 7 07:14:25 UTC 2009

Hello,

this topic was mentioned some time ago and I reported it as solved
myself. But I was wrong. I'm not sure it is really an error, but it
behaves not the way our users would expect.

scenario:
Horde Groupware Webmail Edition  1.2.2, about 70 users
- 2 users (user A and user B). Both owns a calendar (A owns CofA and B
owns CofB)
- they gave each other the rights for "show" and "read"
- A creates an event in CofA, sets B as attendee for this event and
let the invitation-mail send by horde to B
- B get the mail and try to use the action "Accept and update in my
calendar" (imp)

problem:
- when the rights for "show" and "read" are set, the following error
occurs: "There was an error updating the event: Permission Denied"
- with the right for "show" only the update-action is successful (in
CofB for user B)

Our users would expect, that "Accept and update in my calendar" means
the calendar user B choose as default in his kronolith-settings (in
this scenario CofB for B and CofA for A)

I guess, that permission is denied, because kronolith (or imp) tries
to update the event in the original calendar (in this case CofA). But
why does it work if the rights for sharing are set only to "show".

In my opinion this worked as we would behave in a previous version of
Horde Webmail Edition (I guess before 1.1, but I could be wrong).

Could anyone clarify this?

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Danny Herrlitz
IT dept.

--
Ingenieurbüro Klemm & Hensen GmbH
Geschäftsführender Gesellschafter:      Günter Klemm