[horde] Beginner question for IMP

Jari Holopainen jartsa37 at luukku.com
Tue Apr 7 16:52:54 UTC 2009

Hey,

I have set Horde 3.3 on IIS6 with PHP5.2 and managed to get it working with all other modules but IMP. My problem is most likely related to the pop3 authentication.

First I tried to use LDAP, but with M$ AD it just didn't work, no matter how many FAQs and instructions I read. The ADSIedit, LDP.EXE and Softerra LDAP-admin works just fine, but for some unkown reason I always got "Unable to login to the LDAP server" error. Most likely some sort of binding problem (tested with LDP at server side and account created for binding worked fine). For PEAR LDAP module I didn't fine any suitable setting for generating loggin about LDAP problems... so, I skipped it for now.

After strugling with LDAP, I ended up to the ftp-authentication, which seems to work just fine for all but IMP modules. With IMP I have tried in servers.php settings for 'hordeauth' =3D> values true, full, but no success. To the Horde I can authenticate either with just plain username or with username at domainme. I guess IMP tries to add @domainname in case username is used.

I can't figure out what I am doing wrong, but I haven't managed to get into IMP at all. I see basic IMP settings in Horde settings, nothing else. I gues that somehow ftp authentication and pop3 authentication differs (they both have same AD behind, meaning, same username and password works for both).

I have read IMP setup documentation quite a few times, but I can not catch what is wrong. I guess it must be something too simple what my old brains j=
ust doesn't figure out :)

Help and tips very much appreciated.

And for developers, excellent job!

Regards,

Jari

Luukku Plus paketilla pääset eroon tila- ja turvallisuusongelmista.
Hanki Luukku Plus ja helpotat elämääsi. http://www.mtv3.fi/luukku