[horde] Turba LDAP Contact Lists

Simon Wilson simon at simonandkate.net
Mon Apr 20 02:18:01 UTC 2009

(uid=20090414105734.18132bcih8razipq at mail.simonandkate.net,ou=simon,ou=personal_addressbook,dc=simonandkate,dc=lan):
object class 'inetOrgPerson' requires attribute
>> 'sn'
>>
>> Is there a way to tell the submission query to not try and use
>> inetOrgPerson for a new list entry as opposed to a new contact?
>
> No. Both, individual contacts and address lists, require the same
> object classes at the moment.
>
>> Also, can someone please confirm - I have Horde LDAP Groups
>> (Administration - Groups) working fine, creating new groups,
adding
>> members, etc, but that is just for permissions isn't it, not
>> membership lists or anything like that? I haven't been able to
find
>> much about Horde Groups online...
>
> What do you mean with member ship lists? There are a few other
places
> where groups can be used, there is an address book driver for
> example, that can display other members of the user's groups. But
the
> main purpose is permissions/sharing, yes.
>
> Jan.

> http://horde.org/consulting/

Thanks Jan for the response.

So basically, as Turba does not ask for enough information to populate
the required attributes of the LDAP object classes when creating a
contact list, Turba Contact Lists with an LDAP backend are currently
not operational?

Thank you also for the clarification of groups...
--
Simon Wilson
www.simonandkate.net