[horde] Webmail help

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Wed Apr 22 19:28:47 UTC 2009

Quoting Martin Shellman <martin at shellman.de>:

> Michael Rubinsky schrieb:
>
>> Where are you setting this? In the Horde config or in IMP's
>> config/servers.php file?
>
> Hello Mike,
>
> in the Horde config -> Mailer. I recognized this because I changed
> settings from local sendmail to SMTP. In IMP's config/servers.php I
> configured my IMAP server. But whats this: 'smtphost' => 'myFQDN'???
> - Changed to 'localhost' -> works.
>
> But why are these settings available in Hordes and IMP's config?

The values in Horde's config may be used by ANY application - like for
sending out reminders or notifications etc...  The config in IMP
allows you to specify specific SMTP servers for each IMAP/POP server
you have configured.  i.e. IMP's values allow you to override the
global SMTP settings.

Thanks,
mike

--