[horde] Ansel fails to create gallery issues MDB2 Error: Invalid Number on Postgresql 8.4 backend

Bill Day williamson.day at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 05:43:50 UTC 2009

Spoke too soon.  I was able to create a gallery, but now I get the following
error when I try to upload a photo:

There was a problem saving the photo: MDB2 Error: null value violates
not-null constraint

Incidentally, for the record, the following is my record of tinkering with
the first line of the script:

horde=# ALTER TABLE ansel_shares ALTER attribute_view_mode TYPE
VARCHAR(255);
ALTER TABLE
horde=# ALTER TABLE ansel_shares SET DEFAULT "Normal" NOT NULL;
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "DEFAULT"
LINE 1: ALTER TABLE ansel_shares SET DEFAULT "Normal" NOT NULL;
                                     ^
horde=# \h ALTER TABLE
horde=# \d ansel_shares
horde=# UPDATE ansel_shares SET attribute_view_mode = 'Normal' WHERE
attribute_view_mode = '0';
UPDATE 0
horde=# UPDATE ansel_shares SET attribute_view_mode = 'Date' WHERE
attribute_view_mode = '1';
UPDATE 0
horde=# ALTER TABLE ansel_shares CHANGE attribute_view_mode
attribute_view_mode VARCHAR(255) DEFAULT 'Normal' NOT NULL;
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "CHANGE"
LINE 1: ALTER TABLE ansel_shares CHANGE attribute_view_mode attribut...
                                 ^
horde=# ALTER TABLE ansel_shares ALTER attribute_view_mode
attribute_view_mode VARCHAR(255) DEFAULT 'Normal' NOT NULL;
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "attribute_view_mode"
LINE 1: ...LTER TABLE ansel_shares ALTER attribute_view_mode attribute_...
                                                             ^
horde=# ALTER TABLE ansel_shares ALTER attribute_view_mode VARCHAR(255)
DEFAULT 'Normal' NOT NULL;
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "VARCHAR"
LINE 1: ...LTER TABLE ansel_shares ALTER attribute_view_mode VARCHAR(25...
                                                             ^
horde=# ALTER TABLE ansel_shares ALTER attribute_view_mode TYPE VARCHAR(255)
DEFAULT 'Normal' NOT NULL;
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "DEFAULT"
LINE 1: ...hares ALTER attribute_view_mode TYPE VARCHAR(255) DEFAULT 'N...
                                                             ^
horde=# ALTER TABLE ansel_shares ALTER attribute_view_mode TYPE VARCHAR(255)
AND DEFAULT 'Normal' NOT NULL;
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "AND"
LINE 1: ...hares ALTER attribute_view_mode TYPE VARCHAR(255) AND DEFAUL...
                                                             ^
horde=# ALTER TABLE ansel_shares ALTER attribute_view_mode TYPE VARCHAR(255)
SET DEFAULT 'Normal' NOT NULL;
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "SET"
LINE 1: ...hares ALTER attribute_view_mode TYPE VARCHAR(255) SET DEFAUL...
                                                             ^
horde=# ALTER TABLE ansel_shares ALTER attribute_view_mode SET DEFAULT
'Normal' NOT NULL;
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "NULL"
LINE 1: ...res ALTER attribute_view_mode SET DEFAULT 'Normal' NOT NULL;
                                                                  ^
horde=# ALTER TABLE ansel_shares ALTER attribute_view_mode SET DEFAULT
'Normal' 'NOT NULL';
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "'NOT NULL'"
LINE 1: ...es ALTER attribute_view_mode SET DEFAULT 'Normal' 'NOT NULL'...
                                                             ^
horde=# ALTER TABLE ansel_shares ALTER attribute_view_mode SET DEFAULT
'Normal';
ALTER TABLE
horde=# ALTER TABLE ansel_shares ALTER attribute_view_mode SET DEFAULT NOT
NULL;
ALTER TABLE
horde=#

--