[horde] Login Problems - Horde Groupware Webmail v1.2.3

Duane Hill d.hill at yournetplus.com
Mon May 4 18:43:03 UTC 2009

On Mon, 4 May 2009, Michael Rubinsky wrote:

> Quoting Duane Hill <d.hill at yournetplus.com>:
>
>> I just recently installed v1.2.3 on a FreeBSD 6.4 server. I have followed
>> the installation instructions with the docs/INSTALL document and have all
>> required FreeBSD ports/packages installed. I have seen the test page by
>> visiting http://myserver/horde/test.php. There isn't anything on the page
>> that indicates errors. I have also performed the tests that are listed
>> beside imp, ingo, kronolith and turba. All are clean.
>>
>> I have edited imp/config/servers.php to reflect using our IMAP server that
>> resides at a different location. IMAP connections from the server Horde is
>> installed on is able to make successful telnet IMAP connections to the
>> other server without error. However, whenever a login attempt is made using
>> Internet Explorer 7, the login screen stays up. When I look in the logs for
>> Horde, it says the login was successful. When I look in the logs on our
>> IMAP server it shows the login was successful and there was an immediate
>> logout directly following within the same second of time.
>>
>> I have searched the web for solutions of which none I could find worked.
>> Does anyone have a helpful tip or pointer?
>
> http://wiki.horde.org/FAQ/Admin/Troubleshoot?#toc3

Sessions are working properly according to the test page. I'm not using
custom session handlers. The cookie path is set to the default:

     /horde

Where does Horde get $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] from? Is that the actual host
name of the server? In our case, the host name of the server is completely
different than the domain we are pointing to Horde.