[horde] Moving log file

Max Hetrick maxhetrick at verizon.net
Thu May 14 15:25:07 UTC 2009

Hi there,

This is my first post to the Horde list, as well as my first experience
with Horde. I'm currently testing Horde to replace a SquirrelMail
installation for my company. So far, I really like Horde, and hope my
users like it too.

Anyways, I'm trying to move the log file location to /var/log, and it's
not cooperating.

I've tried changing it in the admin web interface, and tried changing it
manually in the conf.php file. It takes the changes, and after creating
the horde.log file in /var/log, it still won't log to the file.

I've change ownership to the file to make apache own it. I have SELinux
enabled on the host, so I thought perhaps that was the issue. But, I
tested moving the log file on another host where SELinux is disabled,
and am still having the problem. One host is RHEL 5 and the other host
was CentOS 5.

I search the bugs website to see if there was a bug opened for this
issue, but I couldn't locate one.

As soon as I put the log file location back to /tmp/horde.log it picks
right back up and continues logging.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Max