[horde] From field problem

Vesku vesku79 at gmail.com
Tue May 19 09:19:09 UTC 2009

>Horde 3.3.4, IMP 4.3.4
>I'm having problems with From field in Options=>Personal information. I'm
using custom hooks to create full name and from field. They work fine when
using IMP, compose message window From field >is correct. But in Options the
>From field only shows name part, @domain.com ending is missing. I've tried
to go through all the settings but for some reason services/prefs.php does
not get the right >From field.
is solved. Horde complains From field is not valid, which is correct since @
domain.com ending is missing.
>Is this is a bug or am I missing something here?

I solved this by changing my From field hook. It was not passing a valid
>From field. It just took me a while to understand where the problem was. I'm
using a custom text file to map horde login names to unix usernames (don't
ask :). This way users can use custom login names (like
firstname.lastname at domain.com) even the IMAP backend only supports true unix
usernames.

Anyway, thanks for the great software! I've been using it for years. Keep up
the the great work. SyncML support is a good addition.

-Vesa, SysAdmin