[horde] Horde problem with large mailboxes

Kevin Konowalec webadmin at ualberta.ca
Fri May 29 18:07:55 UTC 2009

We have IMAP inboxes with over 10000+ messages in them that load in 20
or 30 seconds.  We use Cyrus on the maildrop end but we also use an
IMAP proxy to speed things up.  Also be sure you turn off the
attachment checking and whatnot as it has to crack open the envelope
of each message to check for that information which adds enormous
overhead.  Also we found that our performance went through the roof
when eaccelerator was installed properly.  I'm sure you've done that
but those are the few things we noticed.