[horde] Problem of slow with server-side sorting

Jose Luis Marin Perez jolumape_al at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 1 17:35:26 UTC 2009

Dear sirs,

Previously send an email to the list with the subject "problem with large mailboxes Horde" by analyzing their responses can identify the cause of the slow to show emails when webmail is configured to sort the emails by date, subject, etc.

I have configured Courier-Imap with option IMAP_DISABLETHREADSORT = 0 means that the ordering is done on the server, there are some parameter or trick you can do to get faster this order?

Maybe my server is not able to do this? considering that there are approximately 4500 accounts with more than 1,000 emails each.

The characteristics of my server

ML370 G4
CPU Xeon 2.6 GHz
Memory 1GB

Please I need your help to solve this problem.

Thanks

Jolumape