[horde] Problem of slow with server-side sorting

Vilius Šumskas vilius at lnk.lt
Tue Jun 2 15:10:22 UTC 2009

> I thank you all for your reply.
>
>  Could configure "Arrival Time"
> in the accounts, but I like to go deeper into the solution of this
> problem, know the real cause of the slow, perhaps because the server
> hardware, the courier-imap, etc..
>
>  We would appreciate if you could help me because the problems are
> becoming massive.

I *think* the root cause is Courier IMAP, because as I told you earlier it
doesn't handle large mailboxes well. Why is it so I'm not sure. Maybe it is
related to internal Courier caching during expensive operations. All I know
that slowness was the main reason why we moved to Cyrus.

I just did quick test on a Cyrus mailbox with 7700+ messages on the machine
with Operator processor, 2GB of RAM and SATA RAID5 array. It took less than
3 seconds.

--
  Best Regards,

  Vilius Šumskas