[horde] Problem of slow with server-side sorting

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Fri Jun 5 17:12:00 UTC 2009

On Fri, 5 Jun 2009, Jose Luis Marin Perez wrote:

> I increased the RAM to 2 GB and there is a small increase to improve service.
>

> Based on the commentary of Andreas, I have noticed through IOSTAT (%
> util) the Disk I / O is high and reaches 100 when using any of these
> webmail accounts that have more than 1500 messages

<snip>

> The question is whether there is any special configuration in Horde or
> Courier-IMAP for not saturating the Disk I / O.
>
> If you increase the RAM can help with anything?

Maybe this was already covered earlier in this thread - Do you see the
same poor performance with large mailboxes if they use a stand-alone IMAP
client, such as Thunderbird?  You should record iostat numbers for that
case as well.

That might help us narrow down if the problem is caused by Horde or if it
is a problem with any IMAP client.

 	Andy