[horde] Upgrading from Groupware 1.0.8 to 1.2.3

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Sun Jun 7 09:01:21 UTC 2009

Zitat von Chris Funk <chris at completecomputing.com>:

> I am trying to upgrade from Horde Groupware Webmail 1.0.8 to 1.2.3.
> The setup script copies the old files fine, then moves on to the
> database.  The first script executed
> (2008-08-29_fix_mdb2_sequences.php) produces the  following error:
>
> Call to a member function listTables() on a non-object in
> /data/web/web3/web/w1/scripts/upgrades/2008-08-29_fix_mdb2_sequences.

This could only happen if loading the MDB2 Manager module fails.
Unfortunately we don't catch this, try to apply this patch and see if
you get a meaningful error message:
http://cvs.horde.org/diff.php/horde/scripts/upgrades/2008-08-29_fix_mdb2_sequences.php?rt=horde&r1=1.1.2.5&r2=1.1.2.6&ty=u

Maybe this is related to the other error below.
Which database system do you use?

> In an attempt to move past this issue, I commented out that script
> in the setup script.
>
> After doing that the script seems to start processing ok, but then
> errors out when trying to update the database with:
>
> Writing main configuration file
> Updating database...
> [ ERROR! ] Reading the existing table structure failed. Error messages:
> MDB2 Error: not found
> unable to find package 'MDB2_Schema_Validate' file 'MDB2/Schema/Validate.php'
>
> The package appears to be there in my PEAR structure
> (/usr/share/pear/MDB2/), but not in the one contained within the
> horde distribution (<horde_root>/pear/MDB2/).
>
> Can anyone offer any suggestion as to why this might be breaking?

The file is definitely there, in horde/pear/MDB2/Schema/Validate.php.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/