[horde] Default charset configuration in Horde

Razvan Deaconescu razvan at anaconda.cs.pub.ro
Sat Aug 1 10:31:04 UTC 2009

Hi!

Could someone please point me to the relevant documentation describing
the configuration of the default charset in Horde? I want to use UTF-8
support but I am unable to find the configuration options.

Currently, all information that I'm writing using Romanian-only
characters (such as ĂÎȚȘÂăîțșâ) is transformed in equivalent HTML (ANSI)
characters (ă ț). This is happening for all Horde Applications
(imp, nag, kronolith, mnemo, turba).

HTML equivalent characters also appear in the message received desktop
email client (I'm using Evolution), even if I am specify using UTF-8
encoding when composing it in IMP. In IMP I'm also getting the following
message when reading email:
--
This message was written in a character set (utf-8) other than your own.
If it is not displayed correctly, click here to open it in a new window.

Does anyone know what might cause this problem and how could I fix it?

My configuration:
* Debian GNU/Linux 5.0 Lenny (Stable)
* Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 1.2.3 (Current Stable Release[1])
* Apache Web Server 2.2.9
* PHP 5.2.6
* MySQL 5.0.51a

Razvan