[horde] cannot login horde via imap

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Sat Aug 1 14:13:59 UTC 2009

Quoting Sven Richter <sveri80 at googlemail.com>:

> Hi everybody,
>
> i installed horde3 on lenny from the sources.
> I got exim and courier-imap running.
>
> I configured exim to use tls with a self signed
> certificate.
> Everything works fine on that site, i can send
> mail from everywhere and have imap access working
> from localhost and the internet.
>
> Now i configured horde3 to use imap authentication
> but no matter which combination i tried config.php,
> i just cannot login.
> Simple 'imap/novalidate-cert' is not working like
> 'imap/tls/novalidate-cert' does not work too.
>
> In the horde log i get the following message:
> HORDE [notice] [horde] Login success for xxx [77.20.241.14] to Horde
> [pid 25609 on line 138 of "/usr/share/horde3/login.php"]
> but i always get redirected to the login page meaning
> i dont get beyond that site.
>
> What am i doing wrong here?

This is most likely a cookie issue. If it was working previously, and
you hadn't changed _anything_ on the server, try clearing the browser
cookies. If you've changed something on the server, such as the host
name, or the webroot of horde etc... you will need to ensure that the
cookie settings in horde's config are appropriate....as described on
our wiki:
http://wiki.horde.org/FAQ/Admin/Troubleshoot?referrer=FAQ%2FAdmin#toc3

Thanks,
mike