[horde] Installing Horde from Git/CVS

Robert McAuley rmcauley at ca.afilias.info
Tue Aug 4 17:33:30 UTC 2009

Thanks for updating the CVS instructions.

>> - Installing the devtools package won't work:
>>
>> [root at horde-staging devtools]# pear install package.xml
>
> you need to use `pear install -f package.xml` from the devtools directory.

This is still not working.  A problem with my PEAR setup?

[root at horde-staging horde-git]# pear install -f framework/devtools/package.xml
Attempting to discover channel "framework/devtools"...
unknown channel "framework/devtools" in "framework/devtools/package.xml"
Unknown channel "pear.horde.org"
Parsing of package.xml from file "framework/devtools/package.xml" failed
Cannot initialize 'framework/devtools/package.xml', invalid or missing package file
Package "framework/devtools/package.xml" is not valid
install failed

[root at horde-staging devtools]# pear install -f package.xml
parsePackageName(): invalid package name "package.xml" in "package.xml"
Unknown channel "pear.horde.org"
Parsing of package.xml from file "package.xml" failed
Cannot initialize 'package.xml', invalid or missing package file
Package "package.xml" is not valid
install failed

> Probably a missing path in your php.ini include_path setting.

I wound up simply symlinking the Horde CLI directory, which works in a pinch to make the symlinking work.

--
Regards,

Rob McAuley
Systems Administrator, Afilias