[horde] Installing Horde from Git/CVS

Robert McAuley rmcauley at ca.afilias.info
Wed Aug 5 19:17:29 UTC 2009

Michael Rubinsky wrote:

> ah. You need to discover horde's pear server:
>
> sudo pear channel-discover pear.horde.org

Trying again from scratch, there are still problems with the wiki docs. (installing the PEAR package works after channel-discover)

The first horde-fw-symlinks.php run results in:

[root at horde-staging horde]# horde-fw-symlinks.php
horde-fw-symlinks.php: Failed to auto-detect source and destination directories,

The second horde-fw-symlinks.php works.

The third still results in:

[root at horde-staging horde]# horde-fw-symlinks.php --src ../horde-hatchery/framework
horde-fw-symlinks.php: Horde_Cli library is not in the include_path or in the src directory.

Maybe the third is a problem of the first not running correctly.

It would also be nice to have some pointers on how to checkout and symlink other Horde apps (kronolith, etc) properly in the doc for those of us new to Horde HEAD development.

I realize that a lot of this is in flux between Git and CVS - if it's better to simply wait until things have solidified, then that might be wise.

- Rob