[horde] after debian upgrade to lenny, "DB Error: Extension not found"

mtecles at biof.ufrj.br mtecles at biof.ufrj.br
Tue Aug 25 14:36:06 UTC 2009

It's a hole new system! Verify that you have installed php5-common
php5-mysql php5-cli php-pear php5-gd, php5-imap if using IMAP. Read
horde/docs/INSTALL, verify that you have those PEAR modules
installed, check with horde/test.php, verify that you can access
Horde database with "hode" user by command line.

Mauricio

On 25 Aug 2009 at 9:48, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>   after a full upgrade of etch to lenny earlier this morning, any
> attempt to access horde on the server generates
>
>   A fatal error has occurred
>
>   DB Error: extension not found
>
>   Details have been logged for the administrator.
>
> i've been googling already, and numerous people report that it's an
> issue regarding kronolith[2?] and PHP.  i can't do a debian upgrade on
> anything related to horde since all of that was installed simply by
> unloading tarballs, so can anyone suggest the proper fix?
>
>   i can see something that might be relevant under:
>
>     <sitename>/horde/kronolith/lib/Scheduler/kronolith.php
>
> is that something i should be investigating?  and where would those
> details have been "logged"?  where would those diagnostic msgs have
> gone by default so i can read any extra detail i can get my hands on?
> thanks.
>
> rday

> Robert P. J. Day                               Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA
>
>         Linux Consulting, Training and Annoying Kernel Pedantry.
>
> Web page:                                          http://crashcourse.ca

Mauricio J. T. Tecles
Instituto de Biofisica Carlos Chagas Filho - UFRJ
Edificio do Centro de Ciencias da Saude, Bloco G
Av. Carlos Chagas Filho, 373
Cidade Universitaria, Ilha do Fundao
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Brasil