[horde] after debian upgrade to lenny, "DB Error: Extension not found"

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Tue Aug 25 15:20:33 UTC 2009

On Tue, 25 Aug 2009, lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de wrote:

> Zitat von "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday at crashcourse.ca>:
> >
> >  ok, here's the current scenario.  my newly-upgraded lenny system
> > already had:
> >
> >  php5-common
> >  php-pear
> >
> > i had to install:
> >
> >  php5-mysql
> >  php5-cli
> >  php5-gd
> >  php5-imap
> >
> > i then restarted the apache 1.3 server, and tried again to get to
> > horde, got the same error, so i opened horde/test.php, and here are
> > some of what look like important lines:
> >
> >  PHP Module Capabilities:
> >    GD Support: No
> >    MySQL Support: No
>
> Huhh? You really have Apache 1.3 installed?

  yes, and that's what's running right now, the reason being that some
other folks told me that the apache1 -> apache2 upgrade wasn't as
simple as they'd thought, so i wanted to put that off for the time
being as long as everything kept running.

> Maybe Lenny had installed Apache2.x additionally and the PHP5
> modules you are looking at are only loaded in apache2?

  in fact, apache2 was there all the time, it just wasn't being
started, and it's not being started now until i resolve everything i
need to do that upgrade.  are you suggesting that running apache1
might be causing this?  because the horde/test.php page shows that all
PHP capabilities are being recognized except for GD, MySQL and
Postgresql (and that last one is because Postgresql isn't even
running).

rday