[horde] expanding on the "pear install MDB2_Schema" step during upgrade

mtecles at biof.ufrj.br mtecles at biof.ufrj.br
Wed Aug 26 15:37:12 UTC 2009

Sorry, resending to the list.

You should install the respective DB driver. At the time I upgraded
from Horde 3.1.5 to 3.3.4 I used a beta version:

pear install -a MDB2-2.5.0b2 MDB2_Driver_mysql-1.5.0b2
MDB2_Driver_mysqli-1.5.0b2 MDB2_Schema-0.8.4

I believe that with Mysql 5 you can use mysqli or mysql driver.

Have your horde/config/conf.php set up, specially [sql][phptype],
horde user, horde DB and password.

Mauricio

On 26 Aug 2009 at 11:18, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

> Quoting "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday at crashcourse.ca>:
>
> >   unrelated to what's been going on so far, i read ahead and in the
> > 3.2.x -> 3.3.x upgrade step, the user is told to:
> >
> >   #  pear install MDB2_Schema
> >
> > from a position of *total* pear ignorance, i typed exactly that and got:
> >
> > Failed to download pear/MDB2_Schema within preferred state "stable",
> > latest release is version 0.8.5, stability "beta", use
> > "channel://pear.php.net/MDB2_Schema-0.8.5" to install
> > Cannot initialize 'channel://pear.php.net/MDB2_Schema', invalid or
> > missing package file
> > Package "channel://pear.php.net/MDB2_Schema" is not valid
> > install failed
> >

> >   that's exactly the kind of thing that throws someone off.  based on
> > what i read, it would appear that i'm configured to only allow "stable"
> > content, while MDB2_Schema-0.8.5 is labelled as "beta", is that why
> > it's failing?
> >
> >   if i run:
> >
> >   # pear config-show
> >
> > i can see:

> > Preferred Package State        preferred_state  stable
> >
> >   i'm going to guess that i just have to switch that to accept beta
> > content, yes?  it shouldn't be hard for me to figure out how, but
> > that's *precisely* the sort of thing that should be addressed in the
> > documentation -- what might go wrong at various stages and how to fix
> > it.
>
>    by the way, the solution(s):
>
> http://www.ducea.com/2008/02/01/installing-pear-beta-packages/
>
> rday

Mauricio J. T. Tecles
Instituto de Biofisica Carlos Chagas Filho - UFRJ
Edificio do Centro de Ciencias da Saude, Bloco G
Av. Carlos Chagas Filho, 373
Cidade Universitaria, Ilha do Fundao
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Brasil