[horde] Horde Groupware 1.2.4 (final)
jan at horde.org
Mon Sep 14 16:26:03 UTC 2009
The Horde Team is pleased to announce the final release of the Horde Groupware
This is a major security release that fixes a vulnerability in the form
library that allows overwriting of arbitrary local files with the permissions
of the web server user. It also fixes two XSS vulnerabilities in the
preference system and the MIME viewer library. The local file vulnerability
can only be exploited by users who have write permissions to the address
book. All users are encouraged to upgrade to this release.
Thanks to Stefan Esser from SektionEins for finding the local file issue in a
code audit, and Martin Geisler and David Wharton for finding the XSS issues.
Horde Groupware is a free, enterprise ready, browser based collaboration
suite. Users can manage and share calendars, contacts, tasks and notes
standards compliant components from the Horde Project.
The major changes compared to the Horde Groupware version 1.2.3 are:
* Fixed vulnerability in image form fields that allows overwriting of
arbitrary local files.
* Fixed validation of "number" type preferences.
* Fixed displaying unknown text MIME parts inline.
* Many synchronization improvements.
* Bundled a complete, working PEAR installation.
* Improved signup support.
* Releasing memcache lock no longer takes 1 second.
* Fixes when resetting passwords.
* Export current locale to the environment.
* Allow to add address lists as event attendees through the address book
* Fixed several issues with all-day events.
* Display application name as task list name when listing external tasks.
* Added passphrase confirmation field for encrypted notes.
* Many further bug fixes and feature enhancements.
The full list of changes (from version 1.2.3) can be viewed here:
The Horde Groupware 1.2.4 distribution is available from the following
Patches against version 1.2.3 are available at:
Or, for quicker access, download from your nearest mirror:
MD5 sums for the packages are as follows:
The Horde Team.
More information about the horde