[horde] Upgrade from Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 1.2.2 to 1.2.4 crashes

Thiemo Kellner thiemo at pferdehof-am-zindelstein.de
Sat Oct 10 00:37:19 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I am trying to upgrade from Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 1.2.2 to
1.2.4, however the script scripts/setup.php crashes complaining that
it could not find gw_old/lib/bundle.php.

I first renamed my initial installation folder to gw_old, and unpacked
the downloaded full package to gw - both within the apache root. Then
I started gw/scripts/setup.sh. No matter whether I select to update
PEAR or not, the script crashes not finding a library bundle.php in
the old installation. However, this file seems to be there and with
the correct settings. Google does not return with many hints with
respect to this problem.

File check:
root @ puselheim /var/www/localhost/htdocs # ll -d gw_old
drwxr-xr-x 24 apache apache 4096 Oct 10 00:28 gw_old
root @ puselheim /var/www/localhost/htdocs # ll -d gw_old/lib/
drwxr-xr-x 11 apache apache 4096 Oct 10 00:32 gw_old/lib/
root @ puselheim /var/www/localhost/htdocs # ll -d gw_old/lib/bundle.php
-rw-r--r-- 1 apache apache 139 Jan 28  2009 gw_old/lib/bundle.php

Log:
What is the web root path on your web server for this installation,
i.e. the path of the address you use to access Horde Groupware Webmail
Edition in your browser? [/gw]

Horde Groupware Webmail Edition Configuration Menu
     (0) Exit
     (1) Configure database settings
     (2) Create database or tables
     (3) Configure administrator settings
     (4) Update PEAR for a new or changed location
     (5) Update from an older Horde Groupware Webmail Edition version

Type your choice: 4

Updating PEAR commands...
Updating PEAR configuration...
Updating PEAR packages...
Updated 1 files.
Done updating PEAR location.

Horde Groupware Webmail Edition Configuration Menu
     (0) Exit
     (1) Configure database settings
     (2) Create database or tables
     (3) Configure administrator settings
     (4) Update PEAR for a new or changed location
     (5) Update from an older Horde Groupware Webmail Edition version

Type your choice: 5

Specify the directory of the old Horde Groupware Webmail Edition
version that you would like to update: gw_old

Warning: require(gw_old/lib/bundle.php): failed to open stream: No
such file or directory in
/var/www/localhost/htdocs/gw/scripts/setup.php on line 453

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required
'gw_old/lib/bundle.php'
(include_path='/var/www/localhost/htdocs/gw/lib:/var/www/localhost/htdocs/gw/lib/../pear/php') in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/gw/scripts/setup.php on line
453

Cheers

Thiemo