[horde] Login Problem with Horde Groupware Mail 1.2.4

Toralf Kirsten tkirsten at izbi.uni-leipzig.de
Fri Oct 16 14:41:03 UTC 2009

Hi Luis and Jan,

thanks for your advices.

I use a local IMAP server as backend. I checked the accessibility using
sub-scrits of test.php.
Horde Applications: Imp: H3 (4.3.5) --> PHP Mail Server Support Test
with the following properties
server: localhost
user: <myuser>
password: <mypasswd>
server type: imap

After submitting this information I receive the following messages:

Attempting to automatically determine the correct connection parameters
for your server:
    * Trying protocol imap/notls, Port 143:
          SUCCESS - INBOX has 5 messages (0 new 0 recent)
    * Trying protocol imap/ssl, Port 993:
          ERROR - The server returned the following error message:
          TLS/SSL failure for localhost: SSL negotiation failed
    * Trying protocol imap/ssl/novalidate-cert, Port 993:
          ERROR - The server returned the following error message:
          TLS/SSL failure for localhost: SSL negotiation failed
    * Trying protocol imap/tls/novalidate-cert, Port 143:
          ERROR - The server returned the following error message:
          Unable to negotiate TLS with this server

The following configurations were successful and may be used in your
imp/config/servers.php file:
    Configuration 1
        'server' => 'localhost'
        'protocol' => 'imap/notls'
        'port' => '143'

The following IMAP server information was discovered from the remote server:
    Namespace Information
        NAMESPACE: ""
        DELIMITER: /
        TYPE: personal

        NAMESPACE: "#mhinbox"
        DELIMITER:
        TYPE: personal

        NAMESPACE: "#mh/"
        DELIMITER: /
        TYPE: personal

        NAMESPACE: "~"
        DELIMITER: /
        TYPE: other

        NAMESPACE: "#shared/"
        DELIMITER: /
        TYPE: shared

        NAMESPACE: "#ftp/"
        DELIMITER: /
        TYPE: shared

        NAMESPACE: "#news."
        DELIMITER: .
        TYPE: shared

        NAMESPACE: "#public/"
        DELIMITER: /
        TYPE: shared
    IMAP Charset Search Support:
        Server supports searching with the UTF-8 character set.

According to the PHP support I refer to the results of the test.php that
lists the following
PHP Version
    * PHP Version: 5.2.10
    * PHP Major Version: 5.2
    * PHP Minor Version: 10
    * PHP Version Classification: release
    * You are running a supported version of PHP.

I also changed the file permission of lib/Horde/Group.php ( just to
test: 777) as proposed by Jan; but there is no change in the result.

I will check your web site recommendation in the evening.

Thanks, Toralf