[horde] Error during upgrade

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Fri Nov 13 10:48:43 UTC 2009

Zitat von Gastón Sansó <gaston.sanso at gmail.com>:

> Hi, I'm getting the following error while trying to upgrade  Horde
> Groupware Webmail Edition from version 1.2 to 1.2.4:
>
> [ ERROR! ] Reading the existing table structure failed. Error messages:
> MDB2_Schema Error: schema validation error
> default value of "pref_scope" is incorrect: "''::character varying" is
> larger than "16"

This sounds like a bug in MDB2_Schema. I think this is what happens:
to update the database mdb2 first reads the existing database schema.
As if it doesn't trust its own generated data, it tries to validates
the parsed schema. This is the point where it fails, because
PostgreSQL returns the default value of the pref_scope tables as
"''::character varying". This of course only means '', the last part
is just a casting instruction. But the validator doesn't know this,
and counts the complete string as the default value, which exceeds the
maximum size of 16 characters for that column. Boof.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/