[horde] Fwd: Re: White Page after Upgrade to Webmail Edition 1.2.4

Danny Herrlitz d.herrlitz at klemm-hensen.de
Mon Nov 23 08:08:03 UTC 2009

Quoting Roberto Maurizzi <roberto.maurizzi at gmail.com>:
>> You are right, there are messages in the error log (but in the common
>> error.log, not in the specific error.log for this apache virtualhost).
>> But I only get this:
>> [Fri Nov 20 14:36:41 2009] [notice] child pid 16706 exit signal
>> Segmentation fault (11)
>> [Fri Nov 20 14:36:41 2009] [notice] child pid 16982 exit signal
>> Segmentation fault (11)
>> [Fri Nov 20 14:36:41 2009] [notice] child pid 16983 exit signal
>> Segmentation fault (11)
>> The system is a Debian 5.0 Lenny.
> I know it's a loooooong shot, but I had this exact kind of problem on a
> different system: every php application using mysql was throwing this kind
> of error.
> It all was "solved" turning off php error displaying in php.ini
> (display_errors = off and display_startup_errors = off) I suppose something
> in that PHP installation was wrong (it's a Ubuntu 7.04, and yes, many things
> are wrong in that version... )
> It's just a try, but I hope it'll help  :-)
Thanks!
It does not help.

Every other php application is working. On the same machine runs our
productive horde installation (Webmail 1.2.3) - smoothly.

I tested a fresh installation of horde webmail 1.2.4, it worked fine
and is running. But I still cannot upgrade from an previous 1.2.3
without getting the white page and the seg faults.
I noticed that in an new installation I get only 45 tables in the
database, our productive system, that was upgraded since 1.0.6 has 54
tables in the schema.

Is there any central way for storing the data of our users of the
productive environment and restore it in a new installed webmail
1.2.4? We have about 80 users and I cannot tell them to save there
calendars, addresses, notes and so on manually.

Still searching for a solution...
Danny

--
Ingenieurbüro Klemm & Hensen GmbH
Geschäftsführender Gesellschafter:      Günter Klemm