[horde] Generell Server setup question - splitting services

Götz Reinicke - IT-Koordinator goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de
Thu Dec 3 16:02:59 UTC 2009

Hi,

as we started to use horde Groupware webmail edition, we installed all
software (imap/pop3, webserver, db-server, ...) on one physical mashine.

Now, as more people start to use horde, the performance is not scaling
very good :-).

All user authentication is local, using the local passwd & shadow files,
no LDAP etc.

What I think off is, to put the webserver-stuff on an other box, putting
the database on an onther and leaving the mailserver doing the
mailstuff. So to set up three servers.

Is this possible? If so, is there some best practice guide I haven'd
found yet?

We use Centos 5.4, mysql 5.1.x, php 5.1.x, latest Horde GW-Edition.

Thanks for any hints and suggestions.

Cheers,

	Götz

--
Götz Reinicke
IT-Koordinator

Tel. +49 7141 969 420
Fax  +49 7141 969 55 420
E-Mail goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de

Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg GmbH
Akademiehof 10
71638 Ludwigsburg
www.filmakademie.de

Eintragung Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 205016
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats:
Prof. Dr. Claudia Hübner
Staatsrätin für Demographischen Wandel und für Senioren im Staatsministerium

Geschäftsführer:
Prof. Thomas Schadt