[horde] Horde webmail edition questions . . .

Michael J. Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Wed Dec 30 18:20:03 UTC 2009

Quoting Spyros Tsiolis <stsiol at yahoo.co.uk>:

> Hello again people,
>
> OK, after a lot of ironing out, I managed to install Horde Webmail edition
> on a CentOS5.4 box (Intel PIV @ 3.00Ghz/1Gb RAM/80Gb IDE/ATAPI HDD).
>
> This specific installation is supposed to work with dovecot v1.2.9 but
> that's another story.
> After a lot of tinkering, I managed to get the following to work
> (horde living under "/var/www/horde") :
>
> http://server.ip.addre.ss/horde/test.php
>
> It comes back with a lot of usefull info about horde.
> However (here it comes :-), if I try to enter :
>
> http://server.ip.addre.ss/horde and press <ENTER>, it shows this :
>
> http://server.ip.addre.ss/horde/imp/login.php
>
> on the browser command line and then nothing.
>
> Horde Webmail edition v1.2.5 / mysql v5.1.41 php v5.3.1
>
> Could someone please help me on this ? Is this a PHP error ?

Webmail edition, by default, is set to authenticate using IMP, which,
in turn, authenticates against your IMAP server. If your IMAP server
is not on localhost, you'll need to edit /horde/imp/config/servers.php
as described by the setup script you ran.  If you are still having
errors after you have resolved that, check your webserver error logs,
horde log, and navigate to /horde/imp/test.php to see if that reports
anything useful.

--
Thanks,
mike