[horde] Install disaster

Andy Theuninck gohanman at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 20:49:29 UTC 2010

Apology: Sorry if I'm on the wrong list, but it wasn't clear which to
use when I'm having problems with horde itself as opposed to one of
the packages like Imp.

I'm trying to get horde set up on CentOS 5.4. Relevant software installed:
Apache 2.2.14
PHP 5.3.1
Horde 3.1.9

When I point a browser at horde's directory, it goes to login.php and
starts generating MOUNTAINS of these kind of errors:
[Thu Jan 21 14:34:17 2010] [error] [client 192.168.1.203] PHP
Deprecated:  Assigning the return value of new by reference is
deprecated in /usr/share/horde/lib/Horde/Block/Collection.php on line
136, referer: http://key/horde/login.php?Horde=h29sckdcjf7c2kvdivahsi3pc1

Every single one is the same message about the vallue of new by
reference, just with different line numbers/files. The browser just
sits there grinding away at a blank page for several minutes until it
gives up (Safari) or locks up (Firefox).

I've seen other mailing list posts describing this error, and the
recommended solution is to get rid of the error reporting. I currently
have:
display_errors = Off
log_errors = On
error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED

phpinfo confirms that these settings are in place, but the deprecation
errors are still getting logged.

I figured horde itself must be changing the error reporting and found
a setting in config/conf.xml that seemed pretty likely: "debug_level".
I changed that from E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE to E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED.... and
these stupid deprecated errors still get logged. Any ideas where else
I need to tweak horde to get rid of them?