[horde] Horde 3.3.7, 3.3.8 patch releases differ from tar.gz releases

Thomas Jacob jacob at internet24.de
Tue May 4 16:31:12 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-05-04 at 12:21 -0400, Michael Rubinsky wrote:
> Quoting Thomas Jacob <jacob at internet24.de>:
>
> > Hello list,
> >
> > The patches/*gz files released as part of last weeks 3.3.7/.8
> > releases don't seem to reflect the actual changes made in the
> > tar.gz archives of each release.
> >
> > My assumption so far was that the patch files  in patches/ are simply
> > meant to save people the trouble of doing "diff -uNr" themselves and
> > thus also reduce download bandwidth requirements.
> >
> > In particular, the 3.3.6-3.3.7 changes seem to differ at least
> > in the date format of the CVS-id tags, whereas the 3.3.7-3.3.8 patch
> > doesn't actually contain the code change it says it does, but
> > the 3.3.8 tar.gz does.
> >
> > It would be great if someone could fix this confusion, so that
> > people can be sure they get the same changes regardless of
> > download format.
>

> http://lists.horde.org/archives/horde/Week-of-Mon-20100426/038798.html

Well yes I read that, but apparently this fix isn't contained in either
the released .tar.gz or the released patch (as they differ on
that issue).

Is this intentional then that the patch release is different? I
downloaded both that and the tar.gz only a couple of hours ago
of of ftp://ftp.horde.org, so last weeks fixes should already be
applied there, correct?