[horde] Google Analytics

Niels Dettenbach nd at syndicat.com
Tue May 18 15:09:04 UTC 2010

Am Dienstag 18 Mai 2010, 16:49:39 schrieb Simon Brereton:
> I want to track everything - time on the site, most used modules, where
> users are connecting from, etc.
Ok,
but this is possible with log analyzers like awstats and webalizer too... ;)

> You mean Google really is evil?  Who knew..  The data - as I understand it
> - is relatively anonymous.  Sure, you can see connection IPs, but most
> times that's natted and if any of the users are poping their mail with
> gmail Google will be getting their data anyway.  Using Horde allows me to
> at least discourage them from that.
What Google is doing with your users data is not transparent.

What's "just an IP" on your side may be a personal identity on Googles side.

cheers,

Niels.

--

---

  Niels Dettenbach
  ---
  Syndicat IT&Internet
  http://www.syndicat.com
  T.-Muentzer.-Str. 2, 37308 Heilbad Heiligenstadt - DE
  ---
  Kryptoinfo:
  PGP public key ID 651CA20D
  Fingerprint: 55E0 4DCD B04C 4A49 1586  88AE 54DC 4465 651C A20D
  https://syndicat.com/pub_key.asc
  ---