[horde] horde / imp imap acl with comming dovecot2 version capability bug

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Tue May 25 20:43:38 UTC 2010

Hi, i recently upgraded to
dovecot2 beta and tested it with stable horde webmail
imap acl stopped working
after contacting dovecot developer

Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi>
he wrote
---
ACLis listed only after login. (It's also sent to the client, but some
clients just ignore the updated capability list.) I think this should be
fixed on client side
---

so it should be fixed in imp

meanwhile as workaround i found

horde/imp does a check which seems to get workarounded by

horde/lib/Horde/IMAP/ACL/rfc2086.php

if (substr($this->_params['protocol'], 0, 4) != 'imap') {
            /* No point in going any further if it's not an IMAP server. */
            $this->_error = PEAR::raiseError(_("Only IMAP servers
support shared folders."));
            $this->_supported = false;
        } elseif (!isset($this->_caps['acl'])) {
            /* If we couldn't get the server's capability, we'll assume
ACL is
               not supported for now. */

----change---from---false---to---true

$this->_supported = true;