[horde] Translate Horde to en_US

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed May 26 12:04:28 UTC 2010

Zitat von Gonçalo Queirós <goncalo.queiros at portugalmail.net>:

> Hi list.
> Im trying to make a horde translation to en_US. The problem is that i
> make extract, then init, and then i generate the compendium. All the
> sentences get translated (since they are already in english). But then i
> go to the compendium, change some translations, and i make again the init.
>
> I don't think that this is the way you guys expect things to be done
> init->compendium->init, but it works for every language, since this way
> i only need to translate my compendium, and not every .po file for every
> app.
>
> The problem with en_US is that when i make the second init, all my
> modifications get lost, and the .po and compendium are again translated
> 100% (where each sentence is equal to the translated counterpart). What
> can i do to change this behaviour and make en_US behave the same for as
> for any other language?

This is probably how gettext behaves and has nothing to do with
horde's translation script.
The solution is to not use init and the compendium. I'm not sure why
you are using this at all? Why don't use do the changes directly in
the .po files and then use merge to update them?

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/