[horde] Enabling memcache causes white screen of death [SOLVED]

a.smith at ukgrid.net a.smith at ukgrid.net
Wed Jun 9 08:24:47 UTC 2010

Ok, I worked it out. I hadn´t noticed there was a tab in the horde
administration GUI called "memcache" and therefore I hadnt configured
memcache within horde, Id set it to be the cache backend without
having it configured first. Additionally Id actually set the backend
as SQL & memcache which seemed to result in no errors being written to
the horde log. When I changed this to just memcache I started seeing
errors like:

Jun 09 09:06:20 HORDE [error] [imp] Could not save the compiled
template file
'/usr/local/www/horde/config/../imp/templates/login/login.html'. [pid
43832 on line 231 of "/usr/local/www/horde/imp/lib/Template.php"]

Having set memcache as enabled under the "memcache" tab all works as expected,

thanks Andy.