[horde] Horde with SSL

mtecles at biof.ufrj.br mtecles at biof.ufrj.br
Fri Jun 11 21:24:25 UTC 2010

On 11 Jun 2010 at 15:04, Sean P. Ingles wrote:

> I just installed an SSL cert for my horde server, and it's working when
> I go to https://mydomain.com/test.txt and the server also responds
> correctly if I go to http://mydomain.com/test.txt

Install certificates according to instructions of your web server and
your certificate provider. Nothing to do with Horde.

> When I go to http://mydomain.com (which is the Horde base URL) it works
> perfectly and redirects to http://mydomain.com/horde/imp/login.php , but
> when I go to https://mydomain.com it automatically redirects back to the
> non-secure http login at http://mydomain.com/horde/imp/login.php
>
> The odd thing is, if I change the http to https after it reverts to the
> non-secure URL, it secures the connection and I can proceed securely.
> However, we have a custom logo in the upper left, with a link to our
> corporate website, and that link is still showing up at http even when
> someone logs in with https. This is causing that "Some content on this
> page is insecure" browser warning that is just going to confuse our
> customers. How do I get Horde to automatically change that link's URL
> based upon what method is used to login, http or https?
>

> In my Horde Administration Setup, I have:
>
> $conf[use_ssl] =  Attempt to auto-detect, and generate URLs
> appropriately
>
> $conf[logo][image] = http://mydomain.com/logo.jpg

Could you put the log in horde/themes/graphics and use https?

> $conf[logo][link] = http://www.corporatedomain.net
>

> I would like my clients to be able to choose SSL or non SSL by picking
> http://mydomain.com or https://mydomain.com as their base URL
>

> My Environment:
>
> Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 1.2.5

I configured my web server and Horde to use only https. On Horde,
Administration, Setup, Horde, General, URL Settings, $conf[use_ssl],
select "Assume that we are using SSL and always generate https
URLs.". That results in horde/config/conf.php:

 $conf[use_ssl] = 1

Mauricio

>  Address Book (turba) H3 (2.3.3)
>

>  Calendar (kronolith) H3 (2.3.3)
>

>  Dynamic Mail (dimp) H3 (1.1.4)
>

>  Filters (ingo) H3 (1.2.3)
>

>  Horde (horde) 3.3.6
>

>  Mail (imp) H3 (4.3.6)
>

>  Mobile Mail (mimp) H3 (1.1.3)
>

>  Notes (mnemo) H3 (2.2.3)
>

>  Tasks (nag) H3 (2.3.4)
>

>  CentOS 5.5  / PHP 5.1.6 / Apache 2.2.3

Mauricio J. T. Tecles
Instituto de Biofisica Carlos Chagas Filho - UFRJ
Edificio do Centro de Ciencias da Saude, Bloco G
Av. Carlos Chagas Filho, 373
Cidade Universitaria, Ilha do Fundao
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Brasil