[horde] moving configs between hosts

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Wed Aug 18 13:28:52 UTC 2010

Quoting Piotr Legiecki <piotrlg at ams.edu.pl>:

> Hi
>
> I'm doing upgrade from old horde/imp to the packages in Debian/Stable
> distro on the testing machine. I'm going to setup there everything to be
> production ready and then move it to the production server (by
> overwriting the /etc/horde/* files).
>
> The question is: are the configs (from /etc/horde/horde3,
> /etc/horde/imp4/, /etc/horde/turba2) machine independent? By this I mean
> the are no hardcoded server names or something like this? Of course on
> both servers are exactly the same horde packages.

There should be no hard coded server names in those files, unless
*you* put them there. There are values that could be server-name
specific. Even in the main horde config file (horde/confing/conf.php)
there is the possibility to hard code this. Other items to consider
are things like cookie paths, mail server names (in
imp/config/servers.php), database server names and other database
config like the location of the server socket, path names for things
like VFS storage etc... It's probably best to at *least* review these
files for appropriateness before moving them.