[horde] [Horde 4.0-git] i18n test Locales

Gerard Breiner gerard.breiner at ias.u-psud.fr
Fri Oct 1 14:44:41 UTC 2010

Hello,

Horde 4.0-git Debian Lenny

I'm encountering some issues with locales that are not translated. So,
I've read the excellent  tuto horde/docs/TRANSLATIONS and  now I'm
trying the langtest.php in the Horde's PHP Shell.
I'am a little puzzled by the result . It seems that the translation does
not work.

Here is the code langtest.php
[CODE]
 <?php

      setlocale(LC_MESSAGES, 'nl_NL');
      putenv('LANG=nl_NL');
      putenv('LANGUAGE=nl_NL');
      // use the tar test.
      echo dgettext('tar', 'Memory exhausted');
      echo '<br />';

      // Specify location of translation tables
      bindtextdomain('horde', './locale');

      // Choose domain
      textdomain('horde');

      // Print the already tested message
      echo _("Message");
      echo '<br />';

      // this should print the same.
      echo dgettext('horde', 'Message');

      ?>

[/CODE]

Results

Memory exhausted
Message
Message

# End of results

I'm wondering what is wrong or missed on my platform.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Best regards

Gerard Breiner

Institut d'Astrophysique Spatiale