[horde] (no subject)

Jon Spriggs jon at sprig.gs
Thu Oct 7 08:55:31 UTC 2010

On 6 October 2010 15:26, Michael J.Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org> wrote:
> Quoting Jon Spriggs <jon at sprig.gs>:
>
>> I experimented a bit with the horde XML-RPC interface to do some stuff
>> with Ansel, on my Android device, and I know that the android-xmlrpc
>> library works talking to that (although there are some problems with
>> the android-xmlrpc library in relation to responses which are "NULL"),
>> but I don't know to what extent the API extends across the mail
>> modules.
>
> This sounds interesting, anything you can share with us? One of my goals is
> to provide an uploader for Ansel for iOS, but haven't gotten much past the
> "that would be nice" phase of development.

Hi Mike,

I'll be honest, I got to the point where I could query the API for
what modules were installed, and I think look at what I could get to.

The project is here:
https://spriggs.org.uk/android_and_java/workspace/Horde4Android/

Be warned, it was my first semi-sensible Java project, so the coding
is *ROPEY* as hell.

The person I was sort of working on it with got pretty wrapped up in
other things (between us first starting talking about it, and me
making the SVN repo, she lost her job, and then after I committed the
version you see here, she got a new one which took up all her time),
and I then got distracted by other stuff (I'm a bit of a magpie when
it comes to coding projects :( ) so I never progressed any further
with it.

All the best,
--
Jon "The Nice Guy" Spriggs