[horde] Migrating question

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Fri Oct 8 20:40:22 UTC 2010

Quoting Bo Lynch <blynch at ameliaschools.com>:

> Hello everyone. I have a hopefully simple question. I have an installation
> of squirrlemail+Postfix+Dovecot+Spamassassin on a CentOS box that we have
> been using for many years now. I just ran across horde and would like to
> experiment with it. Is it possible to have it live along side of my
> squirrelmail install. Meaning have users using both squirrelmail and
> horde?
> Thanks so much for sny info.

Assuming that squirrlmail is authenticating agains the Dovecot IMAP
server, then yes, you can install Horde Webmail and configure it to
authenticate against the same server. Not sure of any issues that
might crop up if the same user is using both squirrlmail and horde at
the same time accessing the same mailbox, but in general, you should
be able to provide both to your users.

Thanks,
mike

--