[horde] Upgrade Horde 3.1.x to 3.3.x

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Fri Oct 8 21:51:25 UTC 2010

Zitat von Michael Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:

> Quoting Michael Rhyner <michael.rhyner at medianet.ch>:
>
>> Dear Horde Community,
>>
>> We have trouble with the update script "2008-08-29_fix_mdb2_sequences.php"
>> upgrdading data suiting newly installed versions from:
>> horde 3.1.x to 3.3.x
>> imp 4.1.x to 4.3.x
>> ingo 1.1.2 to 1.2.4
>> kronolith 2.1.x to 2.3.x
>> mnemo 2.1.1 to 2.3.4
>> turba 2.1.x to 2.3.x
>>
>> First of all, possibly a simple question for someone of you (I'm not
>> experienced in OOP ;-(): Is this script only manipulating the database
>> scheme or changing some data within the tables, or even some files outside
>> the database? So do we have to run this script at all? I'm asking because in
>> Horde 3.1 etc. there weren’t tables like turba_shares or kronolith_shares.
>
> Off hand, IIRC, this script was needed to keep the names of the
> sequence tables standard across all apps and libraries, which could
> be  using DB or MDB2...so to answer your question, you probably *do*
> need  to run this script .

No, this script is only to fix a temporary bug where we used a wrong
sequence ID when we introduced the share tables. So, you can run it,
if you didn't use any shares yet, but it doesn't change anything. So
you can leave it out.

>> The problem is, that the script always returns the following result printed
>> in red colour:
>> ====================
>>
>> Fatal Error:
>> MDB2 Error: not found
>>
>> ===================
>>
>> I analyzed the problem a bit and saw that the message came from the
>> instantiating of an Object “$db” of the MDB2::factory class. So I inserted a
>> var_dump command after the line
>> $db = &MDB2::factory($config);
>> echo var_dump($db) . "\n";
>>
>> Within the trace, I found the following line multiple times:
>> string(99) "unable to find package 'MDB2_Driver_MDB2_Driver_mysql: ' file
>> 'MDB2/Driver/MDB2/Driver/mysql: .php'"
>
> You probably didn't install the mysql adapter for MDB2 from PEAR.

And you still need it for other share functionality, so this is really
your problem.

> <snip>
>
>> The root cause to stick on running this script is mainly (besides concern
>> not being able to do further upgrades) that preference settings like
>> Identity Description, From Address, Signatures, etc. weren't visible to
>> users after upgrading the databases. All other data like address books,
>> calendar entries, et.c were ok as it seems...
>
> I don't recall SQL prefs being affected by the sequence names, but I
>  could be wrong...

You are right. This only affected backends driven by MDB2 and I think
the SQL share backend is the only one.

>> And, by the way: Is Horde 3.3.8 running/tested on PHP 5.3.x at all? I was
>> forced to upgrade today from PHP 5.2.x due to dependencies caused by the
>> above mentioned script (2008-08-29_fix_mdb2_sequences.php). It seems that
>> many deprecated functions/features are used...
>
> You need to remove E_DEPRECATED notices from your error level. Horde
>  3.x must maintain backwards compatibility with PHP4, but the
> current  stable code for Horde 3 runs fine under PHP 5.3.x.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/