[horde] Migrating question

Niels Dettenbach nd at syndicat.com
Sat Oct 9 06:46:09 UTC 2010

Yes,
but in parts...

We run squirrelmail and horde on parallel for our users since many years.

This works if you both run in IMAP mode.

While Email could be used in parallel from both webmailer, other apps are not very compatible - this means:

 - SIEVE scripts (ingo) are not compatible
 - calendars could not use the same data source
 - adressbooks can't use the same data source - except you work with LDAP (did not use it, any experiences here?)
 - webdisk / filemanager did not work if you did not have any real home directories for your users

Means - if your users rely on that PIM / Groupware apps they have to decide for one of both apps. Webmail byself works perfect in parallel.

hth
Best regards,

Niels.
---