[horde] Cleaning Session Data in MySQL Database

Brian Spraker spraker at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 12 20:02:55 UTC 2010

Thank you, Jan.

I've added the cron job to run every five minutes for the /scripts/alarms.php
file as well.  I then placed a test item on my calendar but it still does not
populate with a reminder e-mail for that event.  Using the Kronolith
"reminders.php" file will provide the Daily Agenda e-mail on days there is
something scheduled.  Still, the e-mail reminders that should occur for each
event at the alarm time do not happen.

In regards to the horde log - there are zero errors in it - except the typical
login and log out messages.

I have my garbage collection methods set in the php.ini file to the default
values.  Over a day's period, I may have 30 sessions established.  Based on
this, should they be changed?  Looking at the values below, I expected that PHP
would look at and delete session files after the 1440 seconds of non-use - which
is indicated in the config.  I've since changed from MySQL-based sessions back
to file sessions because it is taxing on the database server (in a master-master
replication mode).  I have a Debian-based Linux distro and there is some notes
in there about using a cronjob instead - which is what occurs as well.

session.gc_divisor = 100
session.gc_maxlifetime = 1440

Brian S.